The NEK Entrepreneur Mentoring Program pairs promising entrepreneurs and businesses that have a vision to grow with a team of experienced mentors that offer a sounding board and guidance for you and your business. The mentorship program supports both the business founder as they learn and make decisions, as well as takes a broad view of the business, opportunities, and challenges.
- Mentors and mentees meet at least monthly and attend quarterly social events to connect with other entrepreneurs and emerging businesses from the Northeast Kingdom.
- Mentors have experience starting or growing a business, or have a technical background with skills like finance, marketing, or operations. It’s an opportunity to for mentors to connect with other entrepreneurs and support emerging businesses in the NEK.
- Entrepreneur participants can be from any industry and have an interest in growing their business and be willing to discuss their challenges and accept feedback and guidance from others.
Our goal is to build a community of entrepreneurs and businesses in the Northeast Kingdom and surrounding area and foster trust and build positive relationships within our mentor/mentee teams.
Provides diverse group of experienced entrepreneurs and business people who can guide, advise, and model success.
Structure that makes it easy for mentors and entrepreneurs to meet and collaborate. A formal process to onboard mentors and entrepreneurs, to hold meetings, and regular events to connect
Meet not only your mentor team, but other entrepreneurs and experts from throughout the NEK that want to support you and your entrepreneurial endeavor.
- Mentor at least one company (or more if you want) with a team of other mentors for at least our initial 8-month program beginning in September
- Time commitment is- an initial 30 minute conversation about the program, an onboarding meeting with other mentors to learn about the program and goals, at least 1 monthly team meeting with your mentee and team, and a quarterly social event to connect with and meet others participating in the program.
- Sign our participation agreement that outlines program goals and requirements and agree not to sell and services or products to your mentee while you’re working with them. We want to build trust a strong relationship on your team.
- Participate in our initial 8-month program beginning in September.
- Prepare in advance for each meeting with your mentor team, including putting together an agenda in accomplishing any tasks for your previous meeting.
- Time commitment is- an initial 30 minute conversation about the program, an initial onboarding meeting with other participating entrepreneurs to review the program, at least monthly meetings with your mentor team, and a quarterly social event to connect with others in the program.
To participate in the NEK Entrepreneur Mentor Program as either a mentor or mentee, please complete the following two steps:
1. Fill out either the mentor or mentee application at the links above.
2. Schedule a brief 30-minute conversation to discuss the program and its goals, and answer any questions that you may have.